Wednesday, August 27, 2008

JOURNAL WRITING

Something I learned about the secrets of happiness in work.

My father goes to work every morning almost at 7.15 a.m early in the morning. Sometimes, I am very curious to know about his feeling because I saw a tiredness reaction upon his face. However, he still smiles and had a breakfast with us while doing some kidding. A very cheerful morning we had went sat for breakfast with him. When he worked at office, he become a seriously and workaholic man because I had followed him to the office and saw how he worked. He paid full of attention and focusing on his work. An office hour end at 5.00 p.m as usually, but he will go for home at 6.30 p.m. What did he do at office while all of the staff already arrive their home? I had an opportunity to ask him about it because my mother always mumbling,’ your dad coffee already served, but did not drink yet’. My father said,’ I want to tell you what the reason why I work hard and diligently on my job’. I am the one who really enjoyed doing my work every second. Moreover, I never feel bored at office when complete all works. The main reason I able to create joy and bring happiness in to my work is I have a great passion about my job and fascinated by which field I worked now. Then, my father said, he always friendly to all the staff even he is employer of them whereby give an instructions and make sure the staff will complete his order in the nick of time commonly. “Friendship is one of life’s main joys,” says David Niven, PhD, author of The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People. “Spending time with people who really know you affords you the freedom to be yourself, which increases contentment.” I was very surprised when heard quotation from his because I assumed he did not read any kind of book because always busy. Besides, my father was an adventurer when he worked. “People assume that doing the right thing leads to happiness, but actually taking risks does,” he said. Next, a balance of busy and dead time is key. Although my father busy with his work, he still has time to do meditation in order to release all the stress out either physically or mentally. Start by sitting upright with your hands on your thighs, palms up. Close eyes and take a deep breath. Hold it for a two second count, then release, letting your breath ease into its natural rhythm. Focus on keeping this concentration for the eight-minute span and you’ll feel lighter instantly. My father also advises me to do meditation frequently, at least twice a week. Lastly, my father tell me, once start to work, you must stop mentally browsing. If you have to impose a decision whenever the decision is in doubt, the solution is you have to pick two important characteristics that are important to you. Ultimately, my entire questions are already answered. I fell really satisfied and I learned a secret of happiness in work from my beloved father. Hopefully I will be like my father when I working in the future.

1 comment:

Azimah Mima said...

Interesting tips your father has for you...