Monday, September 22, 2008

Sweet and painful memory

A sweet or painful memory that I had when my parent taught something in my life.
When I was 10 years old, my mother taught me on how to cook fried chicken. Actually, I do not like to cook because it seems a complicated work to do.Futhermore, I also did not like to do housework. My mother said,” I have to teach you now because as a girl, you have a responsibility to learn and practice it. All of this is a part of your life my dear”. At the afternoon, I was at kitchen with my mother to prepare a meal for lunch. My mother cut off a chicken and at that time I want to cut the vegetable. Unfortunately, my right finger was hurt when I cut the vegetable. A blood flow out and I felt want to collapse and vomit because I am the one who afraid of blood. Why? As I look at the color of blood, I become panic and did not know what is supposed to do. My nerves and muscles will weak automatically. My mother almost to shout and she ran quickly to take the “gamat oil” as remedy to cure injured at my right finger. Actually, my mother just asked for my helped to wash the vegetable with salted water, but I ignored her instruction. My mother said, “You have to follow my instruction because today is your first time at home kitchen and assume what had happened as lesson”. Since an unforgettable moment that I had, I become a hardworking person as my parent eldest daughter’s. Now, I like to do housework and I also can help my mother because she worked as teacher at secondary school and went home at 3 o’clock. This is my responsibility as the eldest daughter and role-model of my sibling. The most housework that I like to do is cooking and sweeping. I want to thank very much to my beloved mother who taught me in order to be a useful person. It was a sweet including painful memory that I had with my mother.

No comments: