Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Chapter 5
Academic Writing

The lesson that I learned during played activity as a child.

When I was eight years old, I learned about skills that related on problem solving, mental strategies, and mind challenging. I learned all of these by playing scrabble with my mother and relatives. Actually, my mother bought the scrabble as a gift for my birthday. The first step to start the game is turn all the tiles face down on a table and shuffle. Next, each player has to draw a tile. The one who draws ‘A’ or nearest to ‘A’ starts the game. Redraw if there is a tie or an unlettered tile is drawn. Then arrange the tiles in stacks of two and place them surrounding the board. Alternatively, put them in a bag or box. After that, the starter will draws 9 tiles and the other 8 each. Finally, turn the tiles by following clockwise direction. It was really fun, but sometimes I felt so depressed because I have to think the word by using the limited tiles that I have. I tried to give my best and put all my effort while played the game. Luckily, any player may challenge a word by referring to a dictionary. Therefore, I grabbed this opportunity to be a winner in this game. At the end of the game, an unexpected moment happened because my tiles have been drawn and my mother included my relatives are unable to create anymore words with their remaining tiles. From this experience, I learned the importance of thinking and focusing. From this game, I have always tried the best while play it which can generate my intellectual and emotion quality.

No comments: